Although StrongHearts Native Helpline does not have an established volunteer program at this time, we recommend the following:
If you know someone who is in an abusive relationship:
- Help them become aware of services and programs that are available to help them:
- StrongHearts Native Helpline: 1-844-762-8483 or chat now at strongheartshelpline.org 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You are also welcome to call (or chat) and discuss ways you can support your loved one.
- Visit our webpage Help a Friend or Family Member to learn more. And read our articles:
- How to Support a Loved One in an Abusive Relationship. Provides insight into why victims stay with their abusers and ideas on how you can support them.
- My Loved One was Sexually Assaulted – What Can I Do? Affirmation, support, forensic testing and resources on how to help a friend or relative who has been sexually assaulted.
If you don't know anyone in an abusive relationship and still want to help:
- Help raise awareness about domestic, dating and sexual violence. Follow us on social media, share our posts and tag us. Find us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube by searching @StrongHeartsDV.
- Invite StrongHearts Native Helpline staff to attend your event or invite us to speak to your group. Send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Donate to StrongHearts Native Helpline. Donate personally or if your employer has a program to donate to non-profit organizations, recommend StrongHearts Native Helpline. Your donation will help us continue our mission to restore power to Native Americans impacted by domestic violence by weaving together a braid of safety, sovereignty and support.
- Volunteer at a local domestic violence shelter.